Our 1200 Series engines offer a smart solution for customers operating in EU Stage IIIB/IV/U.S. EPA Tier 4 Interim and Final equivalent territories. The 4 and 6 cylinder models are with single and twin turbochargers and air intercooler. The choice of options, engine configurations and robust technology allows you to integrate the 1204 range into your equipment with minimum re-engineering. The innovative, compact and flexible design of the Perkins 1200 Series means it can be found in more than 800 different models of equipment.
Ideally suited to large and medium-sized machines for construction, agriculture and materials handling – and also available as an IOPU – there’s a Perkins 1200 Series engine for you. With common hook up points and multiple options, our solutions support your move to the more stringent Stage IV/Tier 4 Final emission standards.
Benefits & Features
A lifetime of low cost Perkins have designed the 1200 Series with optimized fuel consumption in mind, matching it to the operating cycles of a wide range of equipment and applications.
Low cost maintenance is achieved through hydraulic tappets, multi v-belts, after-treatment and 500 hour oil change intervals.
In addition, on the 1204F industrial engine, many service items can be located on either side of the engine to give you maximum access for servicing.
Easy to switch
The 1200 Series features core technologies to support your move from Stage IIIB/Tier 4 Interim to Stage IV/Tier 4 Final. Following the introduction of the latest emission standards for engines below 130 kW (175 HP), from October 2014 in the EU and January 2015 in the U.S., our technology consistently delivers with the minimum amount of difficulty.
Like you, we believe there is no need for a trade-off between meeting emission standards and delivering on performance. The 1200 Series tackles the emissions challenge head-on and gives you improved productivity levels and fuel consumption compared to the previous generation Stage IIIB/Tier 4 Interim engines.
The powerful 1206 range outperforms the competition with its improved torque of up to 1282 Nm and outstanding transient response, making it the perfect choice for customers looking for reliable power.
Ideal for downsizing
High power density, combined with excellent torque in the 1200 Series allows you to select a more compact engine where previously you might have used an engine of a higher cubic capacity. This downsizing has several benefits, including saving you money and providing more space to package after-treatment units.
Tailored for your machines
Your needs are our top priority, which is why we provide more tailored technology for OEMs than anyone else. Working closely with OEMs, we have developed the 1200 Series with hundreds of variables so that it easily fits into your machine.
Our 1200 Series engines come with a two year warranty as standard and can also be supported by extended service contracts.
|Model||Power (kW)||Emissions||Specifications sheets|
|1204E-E44TA||61.5 – 110.1||EU Stagiu IIIB/US EPA Tier 4 Interim||Data sheet|
|1204E-E44TA IOPU||74.5 – 110.1||EU Stagiu IIIB/US EPA Tier 4 Interim||Data sheet|
|1204E-E44TTA||105.1 – 129.4||EU Stagiu IIIB/US EPA Tier 4 Interim||Data sheet|
|1204E-E44TTA IOPU||117.0 – 129.4||EU Stagiu IIIB/US EPA Tier 4 Interim||Data sheet|
|1204F-E44TA||70.0 – 110.1||EU Stagiu IV/US EPA Tier 4 Final||Data sheet|
|1204F-E44TA IOPU||74.5 – 110.1||EU Stagiu IV/US EPA Tier 4 Final||Data sheet|
|1204F-E44TTA||105.0 – 129.4||EU Stagiu IV/US EPA Tier 4 Final||Data sheet|
|1204F-E44TTA IOPU||117.0 – 129.4||EU Stagiu IV/US EPA Tier 4 Final||Data sheet|
|1206E-E66TA||89.0 – 129.4||EU Stagiu IIIB/US EPA Tier 4 Interim||Data sheet|
|1206E-E70TTA||140.0 – 225.0||EU Stagiu IIIB/US EPA Tier 4 Interim||Data sheet|
|1206F-E70TA||116.0 – 151.0||EU Stagiu IV/US EPA Tier 4 Final||Data sheet|
|1206F-E70TTA||151.0 – 240.0||EU Stagiu IV/US EPA Tier 4 Final||Data sheet|
|1206F-E70TTA IOPU||151.0 – 225.0||EU Stagiu IV/US EPA Tier 4 Final||Data sheet|
- After-treatment technology
- 1200E Standard Equipment
- 3ʺ flex pipe connection kit with rotatable elbow for 60° and 90° RS inlet flexibility
- DPF – Diesel Particulate Filter
- DOC – Diesel Oxidation Catalyst
- Air inlet system
- Standard air cleaners
- Control system
- Flexible and configurable software features and well-supported SAE J1939 CAN bus enables highly integrated machines
- Full electronic control system, all connectors and wiring looms waterproof and designed to withstand harsh off-highway environments
- Cooling system
- 50:50 water glycol mix
- Detailed guidance on cooling system design and validation available to ensure machine reliability
- Top tank temperature 108°C (226°F) as standard to minimize cooling pack size
- Flywheels and flywheel housing
- Wide choice of drivetrain interfaces, SAE No. 1, SAE No. 2 and SAE No. 3 configurations
- Fuel system
- Electronic high pressure common rail
- Innovative filter design for maximum engine protection
- 1200F standard equipment
- SCR – Selective Catalytic Reduction
- SCR Accesories – several models of pipes and reservoirs are available
- Available with or without balance unit
- Cold start capability
- Engine mounts system
- Oil system
- Choice of sumps for different applications
- Oil filter and carter gases recirculation
- Power take-off
- SAE A or SAE B flanges on left-hand side. Right-hand side twin PTO also available. Engine power can also be taken from the front of the engine on some applications. Factory fitted compressors are also available.
- Standard emissions control equipment
- NRS – NOx Reduction System